If you are in Digital Marketing then you have heard about on-page SEO. In this post, I will talk about on-page SEO. There are many guys who don’t know about SEO completely.
When we go to optimizing a website, there are two main factors come before you.
(i) Off-Page Optimization
(ii) On-Page Optimization
Off-page Optimization – In off-page activity we create good backlinks through Social Bookmarking, Classified, Business listing, Press Release, Blog Post & Guest post in order to improve its position in search rankings.
On-page Optimization – In On-page activity, we do changes within the website such as Meta Tags, H1 Tag, Keyword Density, sitemap, Schema markup, Alt tags, Content etc. in order to improve its position in search rankings.
To get more information about Off-page Optimization and its’ techniques, please, keep in touch. I will write about it my next article or post.
In this Post, I will focus only On-page Optimization and its’ techniques that will help you while doing on-page activity for a website or blog. I will share lots of on-page SEO Techniques and strategies.
While On-Page Optimizing a website, what we do? Let’s see –
1. Canonical Issues – A canonical problem exists in a site can be found by using the www Version (http://www.yoursite.com) and the non www. version (http://yoursite.com) This creates a problem because it can be seen as duplicate content by the search engines and one version can be removed from their indexes – the problem arises when the wrong version is deleted (this is usually the non-www. version).”
You can see above all the Domain are same. when will you open any domain, you find same. That means Google will become confused that which Domain are correct. So, you need to fix it as soon as possible through .htaccess. (only from one domain your website should be open. )
2. SEO Friendly URL – We should be always used SEO friendly URLs that means your inner or internal pages should be open like this http://www.yoursite.com/on-page-optimazation/ If your URL opens like http://www.yoursite.com/on_page_optimazation or http://www.yoursite.com/?cid=1025 or http://www.yourdomain.com/seo/techniques/onpage-bedspreadtechnique?id=22748&cm_sp=us_hdr-_-seo-%26-22748_web-%26-page that means URL is not SEO Friendly. So Please make URL SEO friendly.
3. Create Meta Tags & H1 Tag – Need to create a meta title & Description with your targeted keywords. The length of Meta Title should be within 60 Characters and Meta Description should be within 160 characters. Then Create H1 Tag by using your targeted keywords. Only 1 H1 Tag use for one page. For more use sub heading as H2 or H3 Tags. Google doesn’t care Meta Keywords but even other search engines care about them like Bing & Yahoo.
4. Manage Keyword Density – Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization, keyword density can be used to determine whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase. But nowadays, Keyword Density is not so much important, yet we should be using our main target keyword on the first paragraph and one in the last paragraph, which make sense.
5. Engaging Content Required – As we know, Content is the king of SEO. Content is necessary for each & every page. Don’t write less content on your website. At least more than 500 words content should be posted with your targeted keywords.
Content quality should be good & unique for your website or blog. So it’s always better to be well-researched content. Duplicate Content is not good for your website. So, never try to use copied content.
If you are not good to write engaging content, Visitors will not spend much time on your blog and your bounce rate will increase, which is not good for your website or blog.
6. Internal Linking – Through internal linking visitors or readers can spend more time on your blog. Try to make an internal linking on targeted keywords but never do over optimize. Please make sure that interlinking should be relevant.
you can improve your website by placing links to your website’s other pages. It makes it easier for visitors to navigate around your website.
7. Image Optimization – Images should be optimized before uploading. You can improve more by using images within your content. Images break up boring chunks of text. When you upload an image. you get a title, Description and alt text. In a title of image use your page titles including targeted keywords. you can also use Alt Text and description for your images to make them more useful for SEO.
Checklist for On-page SEO –
Using this checklist, you can increase your website traffic and Ranking,
- Meta Tags (Meta Title – 60 Characters, Description – 160 Characters & Focus Keyword )
- SEO Friendly URL
- Canonical Issue
- H1 Tag (Make sensible H1 using targeted keywords)
- Alt Tags
- Keyword Density (1.5% – 2%)
- Unique and Engaging Content (More than 500 Words)
- Interlinking (Try to interlinking on targeted Keyword but it should be relevancy)
- Website Loading Time (Not more than 4 Sec)
- Sitemap (www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml)
- Schema Markup
- Image Optimization
- Website Responsive (For Mobile, Desktop)
- Browser Friendly
All these above things will help you to optimize your On-page SEO. After that, you will have to do some extra things for your website, which is mentioned here.
- Add Social Media sharing buttons on your Website
- Create a social Media Profile on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram and more
- Put related Post after each post to decrease bounce rate.
Don’t do Keyword stuffing & Not add more than 1 H1 Tag on each page.